- Today2017May 2014
Lead Application Scientist+5000 employeesGrowing usage of Discoverant Operations Intelligence and the BIOVIA Foundation (Pipeline Pilot) in the scientific community by identifying users' needs and advising or developing appropriate solutions.
Industry focus on Product and Process Monitoring, Continued Process Verification, Stability monitoring, and process investigations for biological and small molecule drug manufacturing.
- TodayApril 2014July 2007
Lead Field Application Scientist500 - 999 employeesGrew usage of Pipeline Pilot (scientific informatics platform) in the scientific community by identifying users' needs and advising or developing appropriate solutions, via various ways:
• Demonstration: Explaining benefits to users, and developing tailored proof-of-concept, each week in a different scientific environment or company;
• Training: Leading by example, provided more than a hundred training, with excellent feedback from both new and expert users, about most of the component collections;
• Support: Became a trusted advisor (inside and outside company) in a variety of Pipeline Pilot component collections (esp. Imaging, Reporting, Text Analytics) and in data visualization;
• Consulting Services: Engaged in various projects for scientific expertise (e.g. imaging, PKPD, computational chemistry) or interface usability.
Initiated and developed projects recognized and reused by the community or my team:
• The creation of the Bibliography Platform led to a publication and the wide promotion of the Text Analytics collection;
• The integration of PKPD tools like NONMEM, PsN, and WinBUGS generated new business in advance on the long-term company strategy to go towards clinical drug development;
• Managed team effort to create a standard, and now essential, demonstration slide deck, summarizing on all component collections.
- TodaySeptember 2006April 2005
Computational Chemist+5000 employees• Defined a global in silico strategy to predict human intestinal absorption, based on three quantitative structure-property relationship models predicting (1) passive absorption, (2) P-Glycoprotein involvement and (3) its impact on drugs.
• Created these multivariate data analysis models based on physicochemical (Volsurf approach) and pharmacophoric (Almond approach) 3D descriptors derived from GRID molecular interaction fields. Compiled literature data and advised to conduct assays to fill in missing data.
• Conceived a Python-based Intranet application (1) predicting ADME properties including these models as well as other models, (2) operating dissimilarity-based compound selection.
• Trained the department, using it as a method to confirm in vitro and in vivo assays.
MASTER Sciences, Santé et Applications Mention Biologie-InformatiqueModélisation Moléculaire
Université Paris 5 René DescartesDoctorate
- TodayFebruary 2005January 2005
BioinformaticianUMR CNRS 5558, School of Medicine, Lyon 1 University• Created bioinformatics Python-based object-oriented webwares, adapted to routine practice: PhyID (bacterial and viral phylogenetic identification) and SequenceColourist* (nucleotidic or peptide sequences colouring).
• Trained the hospital users, evaluated the applications with their feedback and wrote manuals.
- TodaySeptember 2004July 2004
Clinical and pharmaceutical fellowship trainingToliara Province Reference Hospital, Madagascar• Introduced a hospital hygiene improvement program in cooperation with the hospital administration and the medical team.
• Clinical fellowship training at psychiatry departement and maternity ward.
- TodayJune 2004October 2003
Clinical and pharmaceutical fellowship trainingPoissy Saint-Germain-en-Laye Hospital Centre• Clinical fellowship training in geriatrics: Investigated statistic analysis of prescriptions.
• Pharmaceutical fellowship training: Dispensed drugs, reconstituted antineoplastic agent.
- TodayJuly 2003March 2003
C DevelopperBiomathematics laboratory, School of Pharmacy, Paris 5 University• Created a population sampling simulation software in C, based on Monte-Carlo simulation.
• Participated in the development of a complex speciation software in C.
- TodayMarch 2001October 2000
PHP MySQL DeveloperViralGames, ParisCreated a PHP/MySQL dynamic statistics graphics rendering engine.
- TodaySeptember 2000July 2000
- TodaySeptember 1999July 1999
- TodaySeptember 1998July 1998
- Lycée Jean Baptiste SAY, Paris
Lycée Jean Baptiste SAYBaccalauréat
Please sign up to view Stéphane Vellay's full profile.SIGN UP
- Pipeline Pilot
Still searching the manufacturing data for your analysis? And once you have it, do you always have to switch between disparate software for your control charts, or your predictive stability analytics?
You haven't seen Discoverant
Let me help you
I joined the BIOVIA team because I like to help scientists, from the lab bench to the executive team, innovate and succeed at work. With my pharmaceutical and informatics experience, I can help you understand how to effectively use your data and improve your processes with Discoverant and Pipeline Pilot.
✉ Reach out if you want to talk technology, business, or music.